Thursday, November 5, 2009

Home Alone

It's been almost six months that I've been TV-free and four days that I've been living on my own. So I'm halfway to my goal of being without a TV set for a year, and just starting my goal of living on my own and being completely self-sufficient for a year.

The TV thing is easy because life is so busy and I have a reading list a mile long for when I have free time. Most TV shows don't seem to be worth watching and ads are like nails on a chalk board. Every ten minutes a booming voice and flashing lights urging me to buy carpets at half price is not the kind of thing I want to make part of my evening recreation. A stereo for CDs is nice, though. And living on my own, I think it will help prevent me from talking to my plants.

No comments:

Post a Comment