Friday, October 22, 2010

#90 - Casting off

There is now another woolen scarf in the world, and this one was made by my own hands. This was me for the past 10 months:

(Sometimes the smile was real, sometimes it was fake.)


I now know how to do plain and purl, cast on, cast off, and the rib stitch. My mom has a big basket of wool from the '80s and a stack of knitting needles tucked away in some cupboard somewhere which she's now given me to play with. I may try another scarf sometime just because I've gotten so used to having this project to pick up whenever I'm watching a movie or have nothing else going on. Sitting and knitting is always a good combination. Last night I finished the scarf during an epic marathon of the first season of Vampire Diaries here in Bashaw, Alberta. Why? Too long to explain.

The new scarf now belongs to Cornelia, who evidently enjoys wearing it with plaid. It's cold here in Alberta, so it seems to make sense.


What a great scarf model.


I can't remember why I wanted to learn to knit, to be honest. I don't think I ever had any intentions of learning to make my own clothes or anything. At least I've crossed another item off my list. Ten down, 90 to go.

Posts related to knitting:
(Dec. 28, 2009)

(Jan. 31, 2010)

(March 6, 2010)

(June 1, 2010)

(Sept. 16, 2010)

(Sept. 29, 2010)

(Oct. 15, 2010)





No comments:

Post a Comment