Sunday, April 17, 2011

Countdown to Half Marathon

Two weeks today I'll be running the BMO Vancouver half marathon, all 21.1 km of it!

This morning we ran about 11 or 12 km and next weekend we're only going about 10 km and then it's the big day the following weekend. Last Sunday we did the longest run we'll have done to date: 16 km around the Sea Wall and Kits. So I've no idea what an extra 5 km feels like on top of that, but I imagine it might hurt a bit. Whatever, I've done all the training I was supposed to do with the clinic, so it's all downhill from here. (In a good way, of course.)

I'm looking forward to having my Sunday mornings free again, though I guess I'll probably continue running either Saturday or Sunday mornings anyway because I want to keep the momentum going for a full marathon sometime in the next nine months.

One thing I've learned so far, especially this morning, is that if you're going to run for more than an hour you can't skip breakfast. I felt weak, like I'd given blood, and I was ravenous at the end. Breakfast is good. Gummy energy things are a bonus.

Two weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment