Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Big Sisters, Step 3

Training session. Monday night I sat with about 10 other young women (definitely all much younger than me! I'd say they were all around 23) listening to the facilitator talk for three hours about all the basics of what it means to be a Big Sister and what to expect and how to protect a kid from abuse. That was basically it, with a booklet and a PowerPoint presentation. And veggies and dip.

Now the training is done and I will just wait to hear from my counsellor at Big Sisters when they come up with a "match" for me. I'll be away for most of May, so it'll be in early June. Nervous about our initial meet, but I'm also looking forward to meeting my "Little."

1 comment:

  1. thats awesome!!! i printed out the application for being a big sister and filled it all out last summer...thats as far as i got. i'll get back to it tho!

    ReplyDelete