Monday, April 1, 2013

Nothing ventured, nothing gained





Well, it was a bit of a rush job to get it in by the deadline, but I've submitted my entry for the Biggest, Baddest Bucket List contest. Man, that was fun!!

I had a moment Sunday afternoon, when I hadn't had anything to eat yet, and I was sitting at my kitchen table in my sweat pants, furiously editing the video, thinking, why bother, I'll never get this in on time and I'm not taking advantage of this gorgeous sunny Easter Sunday... but then, nothing ventured, nothing gained, right? At least now there's a chance, whereas if I hadn't given it a shot, it would be impossible.

As my mom once told me, "If you don't take any chances, you won't have an interesting life."

Making this video, I've realized travel videos are more challenging to make than I would have expected, and yet it's reinforced that yes, making videos is what I want to do all day, every day. If I actually did win this contest (or any like it), I would be obviously be ecstatic, not only because it would mean travelling, but because I would get paid to blog and take pictures and make movies. Hell, they can keep the fifty grand, I'll do this gig for free! But, shhh, don't tell that to the good folks at mydestination.com.



No comments:

Post a Comment